With one parent conference to go tomorrow after school and one parent MIA, I'm feeling pretty good about the past 2 days (that's a good turn-out). Parents were very receptive and honest (one parent even told me that her son is convinced I don't like him - but I explained he probably feels like I am picking on him because I am holding him to a higher standard - she was very good-humored about that), and it made each conference pleasant. They were just two very long days. (And the massive caffeine headache that manifested itself around 6:30 p.m. today didn't help!)
Tomorrow will be an interesting day. Halloween is so close, and with the school "carnival" tomorrow night, I don't think I'll get much teaching in edge-wise. At least I realize that going in, right? The only thing that can happen is I might be pleasantly surprised the other way...well, that's wishful thinking... It should be a lot of fun, though, at the carnival. Sr. Ignacia is going as Cleopatra, and I don't know Fr. John's ensemble yet (last year he was Napoleon Dynamite). I probably won't stay too late, as it would be neat to make it over to the high school for their homecoming football game, seeing as one of my housemates is one of the assistant coaches. (Yay George!)
I'm hoping my decision to have two massive cookies with dinner does not come back to haunt me tonight with too much sugar to sleep - how do I always think of these things after I eat? Well, I think my fatigue will beat out any caffeine or sugar tonight - no joke. I am ready to zonk.
Yes, there is still school work to do (somehow there always is!), but for tonight, I am calling it a day. TGIF...
No comments:
Post a Comment