After school, the girls had their volleyball game. They ended up losing the game in three (instead of 2!), so I was very proud of them and their excitement (which, it turns out, was mainly for the pizza promised by the other coach - ha ha). I was planning to head home via the library after that, but I ended up making another stop because I took Molly (one of the ACErs) home - long story short is that her housemate's car's wheel came off. With the help of one of the parents, I think they were eventually able to get it fixed. It was a nice ride - and I could use the carpool lane - I haven't really enjoyed a long car ride with somebody else since this summer.
The library did happen (yay for avoiding late fees and for getting my newest book on cd, "The Poisonwood Bible"), and then I came straight home to try to get as much grading done as possible before I head out of town tomorrow. The progress has been slow but steady. I have some make-up social studies projects to get done, and I need to get these religion projects done that have been sitting in my bin for goodness knows how long.
I do hope to make it to bed early. (I do need to squeeze in a run in the morning because I didn't get one in tonight.) The packing is mostly done - phew - I just have to double check to make sure I have it all. Tomorrow is an in-service for the Diocese, so I am carpooling with George (leaving extra early, though, because he is meeting other teachers at his school for a breakfast), and then he will take me to the airport directly after the day is over.
Ready or not, weekend here I come...
No comments:
Post a Comment