---
My story for the day...
Every once in awhile I get a little upset with the whole Saxon Math program. Don't get me wrong - I know there are things they do right, but there are also things/topics, which, to be quite frank can be described in no other way besides 'boring.' So today, I decided to try to jazz it up a little. Our objective was to draw line segments using sixteenths of an inch...
After we discussed line segments, and I showed them how the inch was divided on this blown-up inch chart on the whiteboard, the students had a chance to practice. Instead of just copying down a bunch of lines, I gave them guidelines to include 4 specific line segments in a picture of their own design. In other words, as long as they drew and labeled the line segments correctly, they could make a picture of anything. My favorite creation was Madeline's, by far. When she presented hers to the class, she said, "I call it 'My Number Line Safari'". Awesome.
---
I think having the half day today helped, and it didn't feel so rushed because Mass was on Monday this week. The faculty meeting after school seemed rather pointless, but at least it was short - I had to head out pretty quickly to take my car to a place that could check my tire pressures (the light came on). Well, since my tires are those nitrogen ones, there aren't a lot of places that do that, so I planned to go all the way to the Honda dealership (they fixed it last time).
The drive home was going well - a bit of traffic for 4:30 in the afternoon, but I didn't mind. I decided to try something new, and I took out my rosary decade beads, turned off the radio, and started to pray. (It's the month of the Rosary after all.) It was nice, and it definitely had a calming effect. I realized that since it was still so early I would be able to take the car by the shop and get home in time to do my laundry and run. However, I never made it to the car dealership because the light turned itself off. And I was free to go home. (Needless to say I really had time to do my laundry and go for a short run.)
I'm not saying my praying the Rosary had anything to do with the light of my car turning off, but I do know this - prayer is pretty darn powerful.
...And it's about time my prayers for surviving this marathon on Sunday start ramping up...
No comments:
Post a Comment