Nothing glorifies God more than for something of no consequence to rely on divine mercy so as to become identified with God himself.
I am of little consequence. I am one person on this earth, where so many have walked before me, with me, and (God-willing) after me. What do I matter? What is my purpose?
My purpose is, in light (or in spite, depending on how you look at it) of everything, to do everything for God's greater glory by relying on Him.
I guess that particularly is relevant after today's craziness in the classroom. I'm not even sure the students learned anything today, what with all the talking and mindless chit chat. I think the only way I was able to keep it together was through divine intercession. Honest to goodness, I exaggerate not. Call it Halloween, call it just plain self-centeredness, call it whatever you please...if this continues tomorrow I just won't plum last till the weekend.
My purpose is to teach, to coach, to set an example. My purpose with some students is to be a mother figure, to be a source of stability, someone they can rely on day in and day out to show up, love them, and teach them.
God, are you sure you picked the right person for this job?
I guess I just have to keep going and believing that You are going to work out everything just fine. Please, God, keep me grounded this week. And good Lord, give me patience!
many people share your frustrations- hang in there!
ReplyDeletehighlight away ;P - just kidding
He chose you because you were his 1st choice for those students. Sometimes our purpose is just to give stability and sometimes it is love them for who they are at that moment in their life. My prayer for you this week is continued patience with your students and yourself. Love ya Kel!
ReplyDeletethanks ladies! love ya!!
ReplyDelete