When parent-teacher conferences (day 1) go smoothly, praise God...
When students rush across the field (or the restaurant) to see you after school, praise God...
When it's a night out on a Wednesday with friends, praise God...
When students get excited and do extra practice (without even prodding), praise God...
Yes, in these times it is easy (for the most part) to praise God.
But...
When it's 7 p.m. and the realization hits that school is in just about 12 hours again, praise God...?
When it's nearly impossible to get through a lesson due to constant chatter, praise God...?
When it's time for Mass and students' response level is zero, praise God...?
Somehow these last ones are oftentimes nearly impossible.
I guess I need to watch my words more - As my mom pointed out to me, you have to learn patience (you can't just have it right now). As I tell my students, if it were easy everyone would do it, and where would the fun be in that?
No comments:
Post a Comment