Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's a Bird...It's a Plane...

It's...well, it surely ain't Superman, but it's the faint remainder of a nearly full moon and a hot air balloon. (I did not rhyme on purpose - that is merely what I saw.) Yep, that's what I saw this morning getting in my car to go to Mass. It was pretty cool.

I went to Mass up the way at St. Louis the King, a Church I had not been to in a very long time but would often frequent during my time in ACE. We had the Vietnamese priest, and, bless his heart, it was very difficult to understand him due to his heavy accent. But I still very much enjoyed the service.

After Mass I treated myself to breakfast at First Watch - how I love those fresh fruit crepes - delicious! I had some coffee and a cinnamon chocolate chip muffin to boot. It was relaxing, to say the least.

A quick trip to Target to pick up materials for the students' science lab tomorrow (bird beak adaptations) followed before I headed home. I was also able to find a couple odds and ends to complete my Halloween costume (nothing fancy this year - just going with a leprechaun) because we have a Halloween event at school Friday evening. Good times. (Oh, and yesterday at Safeway I purchased 2 pumpkins - buy one get one free - so there will be some serious carving going on at our house this week.)

Now that our internet is back up and working it is time to submit my lesson plans and make sure I am prepared for the week. How prepared, though, can one be in light of the looming Halloween holiday when candy and costumes are all that consume the children's minds? Well, I shall try my best to teach them something...anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment