Friday, October 15, 2010

Keeping On in Phoenix

I am sitting in my living room watching College Basketball Midnight Madness. And this is exciting. College football is one thing (and I love it), but college basketball elevates my enthusiasm for sports (and amount of time in front of the television) to a new level.

Ok, enough about sports. Although, I do have to admit I am scheduling my car's oil change around 2 very important football games (ND vs Western Mich & MSU vs Illinois) on Saturday. Looks like it will be an afternoon appointment. :) (Just a little jealous my sister is going to be at the ND game)

Moving forward onto the education front...

Can I just reiterate how much I love spelling sentences? My favorite one from today was from David: "I am Catholic; therefore, I like ND football." (Clearly this is the only option for Catholics - ha ha) And, while using 'despair' incorrectly, another good one was "He made it to the game with time despair." (instead of 'to spare') Oh, Matthew...

I seriously can't believe that one quarter is practically over - how time flies! While we've accomplished a lot as a class, I feel that I am still far behind on a number of things and still figuring out the best way to address other things. Parent/teacher conferences are also coming up soon - with 26 students, that's a heck of a lot of parents to deal with. Mmm...not sure how I'm feeling about those.

And one last thing - the Holy Cross community has been preparing to celebrate the declaration by Pope Benedict XVI of their first saint, Blessed Brother Andre Bessett (http://www.cscip.org/news/16977-congregation-of-holy-cross-anticipates-the-canonization-of-brother-andr-bessette-c-s-c/). Apparently we'll be having quite a Mass and celebration on Sunday evening at SJV. I love parties. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment