I feel like I'm currently in a funk, and I can't quite get out of it...
Before the bell rang this morning, I was out at morning duty, all smiles and "good mornings", remembering how it felt this past weekend to run those 26.2 miles for my 26 students. But by the end of the day, I was feeling frustrated again. Something just wasn't going right, and the students were more talkative than usual. What can I do?
To not be too hard on myself, it was a PE day, and we did have a few guests (Fr. John K and Firepals - 2 separate times) take away the normal routine, and it was right after a 4-day weekend. I guess I better see what tomorrow brings before I jump to any conclusions about my competency for the week. Ha.
The girls were one point away from victory today, and it was snatched away by a missed serve and then 2 points by the other team. Woof. But they looked SO much better - I am so proud of them! We play again tomorrow, and then we have one game left (I think).
It's only 8:20, but I already have my eyes set on bed. Maybe I will finish up "The Screwtape Letters" (CS Lewis), and then I can start "The Story of a Soul" (St. Therese of Lisieux). I'm also lining up some kids' fiction, so we'll see where that leads. As always, I'm open to suggestions...
Hump day's on the horizon - and the weekend's almost here...well, kind of...
the screwtape letters are so good!
ReplyDeletealso- i think the 4 day weekend is a BIG factor- luckily i had mom and dad in my classroom as crowd control- and as an interesting change. ;)